Redirection torrent link to transmission on NAS

GuISm0

23 Sep, 2013 09:13 PM

Hi everybody,

I use everyday TVShows to download episodes of different series, but I would like download directly on nas not my mac. Is it possible to redirect torrent links to the nas ?

1. 1 Posted by bmanning81 on 24 Sep, 2013 03:11 PM

Yeah just have Transmission download the file to the folder you tell it to. You can do this under preferences of Transmission. I currently have mine set to go to a dedicated drive just for my TVShows app.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Cristina Gómez on 25 Sep, 2013 07:54 AM

Hi GuISm0,

If you want your Mac to download the episodes to the NAS you can do as bmanning81 says or, if you have Transmission destination folder set as "same as torrent", you can set the destination folder in TVShows (this option allows you to download TV shows to the NAS while still downloading other content wherever you want; also, this is not compatible with using magnets).

However, if what you want is your NAS to do the downloading, then you must not use magnets and you need to have a torrent app in your NAS that supports folder watching. If you do, just set the watched folder from your NAS as the destination folder in TVShows, and uncheck the "automatically open torrent files after downloading" option so your Mac doesn't launch the local torrent app.

You will need to have the NAS drive mounted at all times for any of these solutions to work.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac