Thanks for your suggestions. We have no ETA yet for version 3.0,
1) We have thought about it and haven't made a decision yet.
Mainly, putting an effort to create something that we are not sure
will pass through Apple's filters... for now, you have Miso, which
provides more or less that functionality.
2) Ended shows actually appear different in your subscriptions
(they show an "Ended" ribbon over the show image and they are
grouped together at the beginning of your subscriptions). The
problem is that in order for a show to be considered as "ended" by
TVShows, we have to remove it from the list, and we don't always do
that quickly enough.
3) Custom subscriptions are intended for advanced users. We
provide instructions on how to create a feed for custom
subscriptions, but that's not a functionality of the app (the app
"just" accepts RSS feeds).
4) If you click on the show image you get a window with the
episode list for that show, and it shows you when the next episode
airs. Version 3.0 will probably include something like a "calendar"
that shows you the next episodes from your subscriptions in one
5) We have thought about it, considering it for version 3.0.
6) That is out of our roadmap. We are Mac users, so we wouldn't
give proper support. But TVShows is free source, anyone can port it
if they want... or they can get a Mac ;)
7) I don't quite understand. You can find talk shows as easily
as all the other shows... If you mean categorize the shows so users
can browse through talk shows (or any other category) separately,
that's planned for version 3.0.
8) Postprocessing features (such as renaming) are planned for