Magnet links and folder redirection

Karel

26 May, 2012 08:06 PM

Hi TV show team,

I just wondering if there is anything I can do about the following. I have set tv shows to place the torrent file in a specific folder, with subfolders for seasons on my NAS. Then transmission downloads the episode to that folder and it is then automatically added to my Plex library. Great, new episodes without any work for me.

But since last week TBP is blocked by my provider. TV Shows tells me it has a connection problem. So I have to use the option to prioritize magnet links. This does not download a torrent, so it does not let me choose where to place it and automatically create a folder per serie and per season (which I understand but find annoying). But now I have to choose where the download is stored every time when a magnet link is opened by Transmission, or have transmission safe them in all in the same place and I will have to move them manually into the right folders for Plex.

Is there any smart solution that I miss that would have me use magnet links and have the download be placed in the right folders?

Kind regards,

Karel

1. 1 Posted by Hugo on 28 May, 2012 01:54 PM

I'm facing the same problem, my ISP also blocked TPB and now I have to manually select a folder for each episode. Didn't find a solution yet..

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Cristina Gómez on 30 May, 2012 12:38 PM

Hi Karel,

Sorry, the "save each show in its own folder" feature doesn't work with magnets, since it needs Transmission to have set "same as torrent" as the destination folder, and with magnets there is no torrent file. You need to set a specific destination folder in Transmission so the process is automatic.

Transmission has a Group feature that may help you if you don't follow that many shows, you can set a filter to automatically add a new download to the corresponding Group (and then have each Group downloaded to its own destination folder), more information here.

TVShows 3.0 will have more postprocessing features and we may be able to solve your case.

Hugo, please don't set "same as torrent" as the destination folder in Transmission, this way Transmission won't ask you where to store each episode.

3. Cristina Gómez closed this discussion on 30 May, 2012 12:38 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac