Offload torrent download

aolongley

26 Mar, 2012 08:01 PM

My Synology NAS supports torrent completion. It's my understanding that I can use the Synology GUI to essentially have the NAS offload finishing downloading the torrent. I confess I haven't used this feature yet, so perhaps what I want to do is easy, but I thought I'd at least ask: does anyone have any experience configuring TVShows and any torrent completion agent (not running on the host Mac) to automatically download shows? For example, say I run TVShows on my Mac, tell it to download a show "bob", and an episode of "bob" becomes available. The next time TVShows runs, and sees that there's a new "bob" available, I'd like TVShows to download the torrent and have my NAS complete the download of the episode, all automatically and without my intervention. Is this doable?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Cristina Gómez on 28 Mar, 2012 02:33 PM

Hi aolongley,

I'm not an expert in NAS, but I think it is doable, as long as your NAS torrent downloader supports "watch folders" and you don't use magnets (if you have access to The Pirate Bay you don't need to).

If your NAS can watch a folder for new .torrent files and launch its torrent downloader, all you have to do is set TVShows to download .torrent files in that folder and uncheck the "automatically open torrent files after downloading" option, since it would trigger your local torrent app, not the NAS.

2. Cristina Gómez closed this discussion on 28 Mar, 2012 02:33 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac