TVShows app just died on me... completely

Bob's Avatar


07 Jun, 2014 11:12 AM

Not one show is showing up air dates, not in subscriptions, not in the "add show" list.
Is this the end? Or is it just me :)

  1. 1 Posted by Paul on 07 Jun, 2014 02:31 PM

    Paul's Avatar

    Same here

  2. 2 Posted by Silverfun on 07 Jun, 2014 04:00 PM

    Silverfun's Avatar

    Me too. Server issue or should I switch providers?

  3. 3 Posted by 111 on 07 Jun, 2014 11:06 PM

    111's Avatar

    I think this may be the end

  4. 4 Posted by mehdi on 07 Jun, 2014 11:31 PM

    mehdi's Avatar

    same here. no updates at all

  5. 5 Posted by Silverfun on 07 Jun, 2014 11:55 PM

    Silverfun's Avatar

    Ok it was fun while it lasted. I just switched over to Catch for OS X and showRSS for the tv show feeds. This setup works better as I can be anywhere in the world with internet and add/remove tv shows that my mac will download. Thanks TVShows2, it was a fun ride while it lasted.

  6. 6 Posted by 111 on 08 Jun, 2014 12:27 AM

    111's Avatar

    That's what I'm using now. It covers about 95% of my shows. Still use TVShows with customized TPB and Kickass RSS feeds for the other 5%. TVShows still works for those feeds.

  7. 7 Posted by Mel on 08 Jun, 2014 01:07 AM

    Mel's Avatar

    I just hope if this the end the admins can at least have the decency to tell us some of us have stuck by them over the years and also donated to keep it running

  8. 8 Posted by Bob on 08 Jun, 2014 10:12 AM

    Bob's Avatar

    The app is working again! I started wondering and keeping in mind, with all that has been happening with the app recently.
    The app is great and new shows has been added to the list also, well new additions for me at least. Thanks for that.

    I have seen some talk of alternative options for this app, does anyvody have any experience with

  9. 9 Posted by 111 on 08 Jun, 2014 11:29 AM

    111's Avatar

    I've tried the trial version and it looks...OK. Not as intuitive as TVShows though. Plus it crashed a lot.

  10. 10 Posted by andrea on 10 Jun, 2014 08:25 AM

    andrea's Avatar

    codingcurious' automatic crashes a lot when it opens the logs tab but only if you don't rotate your system log file regularly and only if there are too much log entries to parse...
    i found it stable and easy to use. i use it for showrss feeds and for a bunch of custom kat rss feeds. it handles brilliantly my comics downloads too.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:


Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts


? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac